Click on the Tournaments tab on the left to find the registration form, rules, and Comm Center for the Tournament!
Schedule for KL Tournament
The following is a message from Stuart Zimmerman, the Chair of the Ice Hockey Program committee:
Hello, Arctic Winter Games is less than a year away and it’s time to start planning in-depth the games. I am the sport of Ice Hockey Chair and I’m reaching out to each of you for your help in preparing and putting on the Ice Hockey portion of the games. The games will run March 15 – 22, 2014. Both the Big Dipper Arena and Patty Ice Center will be utilized for the Ice Hockey portion of the games. Polar Ice will be utilized prior to the games beginning for practice ice for participating teams.
I’m looking to form a committee that will look to organize and plan the Ice Hockey sport during the 2014 Arctic Winter Games. Anyone interested in serving on the committee should plan on attending the first committee meeting on Saturday, June 1st @ 9 a.m. at the Arctic Winter Games Offices located at 330 Barnette Street (Upstairs in the Ken Murray Building). As a committee we will plan on meeting once a month minimum leading up the games, a few months prior to the games we’ll plan to meet more often. I’m looking for the following positions to be filled on the committee:
· Co-Chair/Patty Ice Arena – Commitment to be present the week of the games at your designated venue during all scheduled practices and games. The Co-Chair is an extension of the Ice Hockey Chair and should be well diverse in the AWG’s structure, policies, Ice Hockey Technical package. This person will be responsible for all Ice Hockey operations at their specific venue during the games.
· Co-Chair/Big Dipper Arena – Commitment to be present the week of the games at your designated venue during all scheduled practices and games. The Co-Chair is an extension of the Ice Hockey Chair and should be well diverse in the AWG’s structure, policies, Ice Hockey Technical package. This person will be responsible for all Ice Hockey operations at their specific venue during the games.
· Head of Ice Hockey Officials – Commitment of presence the week of the games providing support of all staffing needs relating to Major Officials. Head of Officials should be well educated in all USA Hockey rules as well as the AWG Ice Hockey Technical Package. Responsible for securing and scheduling all Major Officials, while working closely with the game management coordinator for scheduling of all Minor Officials.
· Game Management Coordinator – Commitment of presence the week of the game providing support of all staffing needs relating to Minor Officials and game management staff. Game Management Coordinator is responsible for securing and scheduling all Minor Officials (Scorekeepers, PA Announcer, Goal Judges, etc.).
· Equipment Coordinator – Commitment of presence the week of the games providing support of all venue needs relating to equipment. Equipment coordinator is responsible for ensuring all basic equipment needs are met for participants (skate sharpening, minor equipment needs such as skate laces, tape, mouth guards are accessible.) Oversight of equipment staff and securement of equipment room on a 24 hours basis.
· Committee Secretary – Secretary will be responsible for keeping notes of for Ice Hockey committee meetings and keeping the committee members up to speed on tasks, assignments, deadlines, etc.
If you’re interested in serving on the committee please reply and let me know the position you’re interested in, some of the positions have been filled, but these individuals will be looking for volunteers to assist them on their portion of responsibility. More committee positions may be added at a later time when a need rises. If you’re not sure, but would like to join in the first committee meeting please join us. If you plan to attend please let me know so we have a number count.
If you’re not interested in filling a position on the committee, but are interested in volunteering for the sport of Ice Hockey the week of the games there are lots of opportunities available (scorekeepers, PA announcers, goal judges, etc.) that you can partake in. Again there will be lots of opportunity to volunteer the week of the games whether it’s for a specific sport or for support of the games in general.
I encourage everyone to pass the word around on this and pass along this email with your organizations/teams that you’re involved in. All interested volunteers and committee members should register as a volunteer on the Arctic Winter Games website: http://www.awg2014.org/volunteer .
Ice Hockey Chair
Cell: (907) 750-8426
Jim Lewandoski presented the 2013 KL Award to Lucy Keturi at the banquet on March 30th!
1st place Adient with 2nd place FMH celebrating a great game at the end of the championship game.
2013 TOURNAMENT GRID